We hope you are staying at home and remain fit and healthy throughout this difficult time but wanted to let you know that your club is in great hands. In the time since we have been closed many improvements have been made and we appreciate all the support from our current members, corporate members and sponsors. We hope to be back open very soon and will notify everyone once we know an official reopening date, until then please see below the great things we have been doing and for daily updates please follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
We wish you well and look forward to seeing you again soon.
From all of us at Redlibbets Golf and Country Club
Warley Park Golf Club has been purchased by Get Golfing which is very exciting news for Redlibbets members as the golf club is just 25 minutes away. The golf club offer 27 holes, driving range, large clubhouse, great views across Essex along some beautiful lakes. You can learn more here.
Despite the difficult situation we are in, Richard Covey and his team on the course have been working extremely hard to make lots of improvements and ensure you are getting a great course to play on.
- New Approach Irrigation/Sprinklers fitted allowing us to water areas up to 50 yards short of the green, this will vastly improve the standard of these areas.
- Overseeding and fertilising has taken place on tees, fairways, surrounds and greens which will promote growth and improve the lie in all areas plus presentation.
- Our green recovery program commenced during lockdown which focused on areas of each green affected by fusarium. We are already seeing the improvements!
- The bunker renovation and remodelling work has started again with shaping taking place to many bunkers including greenside and fairways bunkers. This is a continuation of the work from the 16th hole. New drainage is being installed, along with a 1 inch crumb rubber liner. The rubber crumb has been mixed with a permeable adhesive and then the bunker sand will be installed (see the final few photos for a sneak peak!).
- Bunker re-design work started with the deep bunker on 5th hole that was always difficult to maintain and even harder to play from. There are more bunkers on 3rd, 4th, 14th and 18th being redesigned.
- A water bowser has been purchased which will allow us to water areas that our irrigation system does not cover such as fairways.
- Grass cutting remains vital to maintain the course definitions and quality of presentation. Despite limited staff there has been hand cutting for the tees and greens. This assists with a finer cut ensuring the course is ready for your first tee shot and first putt!